ZERO EXCLUSION: BECAUSE THE VULNERABILITY OF MARGINALIZED POPULATIONS CAN BE REDUCED BY PROMOTING INCLUSIVE INSTITUTIONS, GOVERNANCE MECHANISMS, POLICIES AND ACTIONS
- We advocate for more inclusive institutions, governance mechanisms and policies to reduce the vulnerability of marginalized populations.
- We support an inclusive development that creates wealth for the collective good, generates employment for all and promotes innovation to meet social and environmental needs.
- We advocate for a responsible and inclusive finance aimed to serve the needs of all human beings and framed by transparency, accountability and social performance management.
- We promote more gender equality including the reinforcement of women’s participation in local, national, regional and international organizations.
- We work to see full, equal and meaningful participation of children and adults with disabilities and handicaps in all spheres of society.
- We promote a better integration and action of the private sector in the implementation of the SDGs, notably by working with social enterprises and promoting their development.
ZERO CARBON: BECAUSE WE WANT TO PASS ON TO OUR CHILDREN AN ECONOMY THAT RESPECTS NATURAL INBALANCES, AN ECOLOGICALLY SOUND DEVELOPMENT MODEL AND A GLOBAL GOVERNANCE OF THE COMMONS
- We advocate for a democratic global governance system and equitable management of climate change through a fair representation of all stakeholders and a more connected and collective work between local, national, regional and international institutions.
- We call for a better share of data and a stronger global technology development and transfer, recognizing the specific needs of the least developed and developing countries, to accelerate their adaptation and building resilience to climate change.
- We support new energy-efficient and innovative development models such as circular and sharing economic models.
- We promote the development of multi-actor partnerships to tackle climate change thanks to innovative solutions for promoting renewable energies, carbon-sober transportation, sustainable infrastructure and land development models.
ZERO POVERTY: BECAUSE POVERTY IS AN INTOLERABLE WASTE OF TALENT, AND THERE IS NO FATALITY TO POVERTY OR ITS REPRODUCTION FROM GENERATION TO GENERATION
- We advocate for a holistic approach in policies and governance mechanisms that links the fights against poverty and climate change.
- We promote innovative multi-actors coalitions to promote access to sustainable energy, housing, food security, adequate health and education.
- We support the development of a more inclusive and sustainable agriculture, recognizing the specific needs of local producers, particularly through better regulation of world food prices and more appropriate insurance covers of crops and livestock against natural hazards.
- We support the construction of inclusive knowledge societies based on freedom of expression, universal access to information, and respect for cultural diversity and quality education for all, thanks to information and communication technologies.
- We support financial inclusion as well as the development of a microfinance that is faithful to its original social inspiration, offering credits, savings, and insurance products well adapted and accessible to the poor, as well as non-financial services.
- We call for the establishment of funding mechanisms and coalitions of different stakeholders – NGOs, foundations, companies, local authorities, and governments – to accelerate the equipment of the poorest households in the areas of energy, water and sanitation.
OVERALL, WE COMMIT TO ENSURING AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE THAT TECHNOLOGICAL AND FINANCIAL INNOVATION IS AT THE SERVICE OF THE FIGHT AGAINST POVERTY, EXCLUSION AND CLIMATE CHANGE
THE 3ZERO ALLIANCE
Together, as 3Zero Global Alliance, we hold governments, companies, NGOs, citizens and all other actors to account to their duties and responsibilities for the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to be achieved and thus the future of humanity and our planet safeguarded. Add your voice to the movement of actors from all over the world, join the 200 organizations already standing together around our common 3Zero Ambition and principles of action:
ONE COMMON AGENDA | 17 SDGS
TOGETHER, LET’S BUILD A “ZERO EXCLUSION, ZERO CARBON, ZERO POVERTY” WORLD!
NINE COMMON PRINCIPLES OF ACTION
We work together for present and future generations, in line with the 17 Sustainable Development Goals.
We believe that everyone’s responsibility lies in empowering everyone.
We encourage positive actions and work for concrete solutions.
We believe in partnerships between all actors and cooperation beyond our differences.
We use and develop innovation (incl. social innovation) and new technologies to serve the common good.
We aim at promoting inclusive approaches to poverty-reduction and sustainable development, fostering the empowerment of all individuals and organizations
We work to ensure that everyone has the means to act locally and globally.
We encourage responsible and sustainable consumption and production.
We act to preserve and protect the planet, our common home.
JOIN THE ALLIANCE
We are the last generation that can truly have a positive impact on the issues of exclusion, climate change and poverty. This is both a heavy responsibility to bear and a challenge to meet. A challenge that can only be faced if the world´s citizens is in a position, individually or collectively, to influence its own development and has a voice. If we want to, we have the capacity to drastically tackle these issues and the Sustainable Developments Goals (SDGs) have clearly paved the way for such an ambition.
In line with this universal agenda, actors from all sectors and countries have to gather around the common ambition of a “Zero exclusion, Zero carbon, Zero poverty” world.
This “Triple Zero” vision may seem utopic, but it pushes us to think and act together as we must respond to our duty of achieving both a world without poverty, and a world without carbon. This implies addressing the poverty challenge that most of the world’s population still faces, through an inclusive, and low carbon growth, limited in use of natural resources and rich in personal and collective development.
Today, as we stand in Yangon, we call upon civil society, public and private actors but also academics, media, etc. to work on tackling these issues in an inclusive, cross-sectoral and creative manner and to join the 3Zero Global Alliance for a “Zero exclusion, Zero carbon, Zero poverty” world.